NEWSPAPERS & PUBLICATIONSADVERTISING -SPECIALTIES
Corpus Christi Caller-Times brings the latest news, business, sports, entertainment & more to south Texas.
There has been a newspaper in Corpus Christi for almost as long as there has been a town.
In 1883, the Caller was started in a frame building at 310 North Chaparral, now the site of Green's Jewelers. Later, there was a newspaper called the Times. Both were located on North Chaparral in 1920.
In the late 1920s, the two were combined to become the Caller-Times.
The present building was erected in 1935 at 820 North Lower Broadway and has subsequently been remodeled and enlarged several times. The most recent addition was completed in 1994 when a new Goss Metroliner offset press was installed in a $10 million expansion.
To subscribe to the Caller-Times, visit our subscription page at Caller.com/subscribe.